Thumbnail pictures from the Tokugawa koen in Nagoya - Japan
Return to Tokugawa koen overview
Click the thumbnail to see the full image.
The Tokugawa koen was built in 1695 as a retirement villa for Mitsutomo, Lord of the Owari Tokugawa, but was destroyed in World War II and only opened as a Japanese garden again in 2004. A large lake forms the strolling garden's centerpiece which is also noted for its waterfalls, wooden bridges, a samurai teahouse and flowers.
Copyright(c) 2007 Anker Nielsen. All rights reserved.